by Johnna Adams
Gidion's Knot was originally produced at the Contemporary American Theater Festival in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, in July 2012.
Over the course of a parent/teacher conference, a grieving mother and an emotionally overwhelmed primary school teacher have a fraught conversation about the suspension of the mother's troubled son, Gidion.
Gidion may have been bullied severely—or he may have been an abuser. As his story is slowly uncovered, the women try to reconstruct a satisfying explanation for Gidion's act and come to terms with excruciating feelings of culpability.
“Gidion's Knot” is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
- PHOTO: Natalie Bulajic (left) and Krystal Glover star in the emotional drama "Gidion's Knot" at…
- PHOTO: Natalie Bulajic and Krystal Glover in Gidion’s Knot. Photo by Marco DiGeorge. "If you…
- PHOTO: From left: Natalie Bulajic and Krystal Glover in GIDION’S KNOT at Theater on the…
- Thomas Thorspecken (Thor) sketches Gidion's Knot at Theater On The Edge. "Once again Theater on…
- PHOTO: Natalie Bulajic and Krystal Glover in Gidion's Knot. Photo by Marco DiGeorge. "Under this brutal…
ARTISTIC & PRODUCTION
Artistic Director, Producer
Marco DiGeorge’s love for teaching and the arts has led him to the various endeavors he is involved with today, including Co-Founder and Teacher at Truthful Acting Studios, Adjunct Professor with the UCF Film Program, Producer at Doctrine Creative, and one of the founding members and Artistic Director of Theater On The Edge. After an amazing experience producing season one with plays such as American Buffalo, Tape, and Superior Donuts, Marco recently directed the critically acclaimed Orphans and Proof. Marco is now looking forward to producing Gidion's Knot, which tackles very relevant social issues. Marco also enjoys working side-by-side with his amazing wife, Samantha, as she continues to push the envelope with her hyper-realistic set design.
Pam Harbaugh studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Acting Institute in NYC. She received her degree in theater from UCF. A member of the American Theatre Critics Association, she writes for BrevardCulture.com and FloridaTheatreOnStage.com and has also participated in an American Theatre magazine “Offscript” podcast. Recent directing work includes Seminar and Venus in Fur at the Henegar Center in Melbourne, Florida. Her original play, Snowfall, was produced last year for the Henegar’s New Works Festival. Pam restaged Venus in Fur for Theater On The Edge in spring 2016, and recently directed our versions of American Buffalo, Tape, and Superior Donuts. We are honored to have her return for Gidion's Knot.
Set Designer, Builder
Aside from her role as Director of Operations for Truthful Acting Studios, where she takes care of all business operations, Sam’s love for creativity and design has propelled her into her new passion as Artistic Designer for Theater On The Edge, where she is also one of the founding members. Sam has a love for transforming and repurposing anything and everything artistic that she can get her hands on, and her hyper-realistic sets from season one received much acclaim, including American Buffalo's 1970s junk shop, Tape's seedy Motel 6 room, and the Superior Donuts shop. She recently created a 1989 North Philadelphia row-house for the critically acclaimed Orphans, and a back porch in south Chicago for Proof. She is grateful to be a part of such a creative team and working alongside her husband Marco. She also has a huge love for owls and unicorns (not relevant but worthy of mentioning).
Set Design Assistant
- THEATER ON THE EDGE GENERAL CASTING FOR 2020-2021 PERFORMANCES. UPDATE: Due to the current effects of the coronavirus, we have…
- Theater On The Edge is extending its run of TALK RADIO by Eric Bogosian, through Sunday, February 16th. The dramedy stars…
- PHOTO: Marco DiGeorge as Barry Champlain in Talk Radio. Photo courtesy of Theater On The Edge. "Take a drive down…