by David Auburn
Proof premiered Off-Broadway in May 2000, and transferred to Broadway in October 2000. The play won the 2001 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and Tony Award for Best Play.
On the eve of her twenty-fifth birthday, Catherine, a troubled young woman, has spent years caring for her brilliant but unstable father, a famous mathematician.
Now, following his death, she must deal with her own volatile emotions; the arrival of her estranged sister, Claire; and the attentions of Hal, a former student of her father's who hopes to find valuable work in the 103 notebooks that her father left behind.
Over the long weekend that follows, a burgeoning romance and the discovery of a mysterious notebook draw Catherine into the most difficult problem of all: How much of her father's madness—or genius—will she inherit?
Proof is a 2000 play by the American playwright David Auburn. Proof was developed at George Street Playhouse in New Brunswick, New Jersey, during the 1999 Next Stage Series of new plays.
“Proof” is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
- PHOTO: Megan Raitano and Melbourne resident Allan Whitehead in PROOF at Theater on the Edge. Photo…
- PHOTO: Allan Whitehead, Megan Raitano and Barry Wright in PROOF at Theater on the Edge. Photo…
- PHOTO: Megan Raitano and Allan Whitehead play daughter and father in Theater on the Edge's…
- Thomas Thorspecken (Thor) sketches PROOF at Theater On The Edge. "Theater on the Edge always…
- PHOTO: Sam DiGeorge on her set of PROOF. (Seth Kubersky/courtesy photo) "Any experienced designer would…
ARTISTIC & PRODUCTION
Marco DiGeorge’s love for teaching and the arts has led him to the various endeavors he is involved with today, including Co-Founder and Teacher at Truthful Acting Studios, Adjunct Professor with the UCF Film Program, Producer at Doctrine Creative, and one of the founding members and Artistic Director of Theater On The Edge. After an amazing experience producing season one with plays such as American Buffalo, Tape, and Superior Donuts, Marco recently directed the critically acclaimed Orphans for the season two opener for TOTE. He is now looking forward to directing Proof, which has been a long-time passion project of his. Marco also enjoys working side-by-side with his amazing wife, Samantha, as she continues to push the envelope with her hyper-realistic set design.
Set Designer, Builder
Aside from her role as Director of Operations for Truthful Acting Studios, where she takes care of all business operations, Sam’s love for creativity and design has propelled her into her new passion as Artistic Designer for Theater On The Edge, where she is also one of the founding members. Sam has a love for transforming and repurposing anything and everything artistic that she can get her hands on, and her hyper-realistic sets from season one received much acclaim, including American Buffalo's 1970s junk shop, Tape's seedy Motel 6 room, and the Superior Donuts shop. She recently created a 1989 North Philadelphia row-house for the critically acclaimed Orphans. She is grateful to be a part of such a creative team and working alongside her husband Marco. She also has a huge love for owls and unicorns (not relevant but worthy of mentioning).
Set Design Assistant
Assistant Stage Manager
- Theater On The Edge is proud to announce that Adam Minossora and Elaitheia Quinn will star alongside ensemble member Megan…
- PHOTO: Natalie Bulajic (left) and Krystal Glover star in the emotional drama "Gidion's Knot" at Theater on the Edge. (Marco…
- PHOTO: Natalie Bulajic and Krystal Glover in Gidion’s Knot. Photo by Marco DiGeorge. "If you want to see two superb…
Our Master Meisner Program is a deep-level training program that offers solid tangible results for actors of all experience levels.MORE INFO