by Peter Sinn Nachtrieb
"Mr. Nachtrieb has a gift for darkly funny dialogue and an appealing way of approaching big themes sideways. [Boom] winds up speaking, quietly and piquantly, to our enduring fascination with and need for myths about the beginning of life as well as its end." —NY Times. 2012.
"Sex to Change the Course of the World"—a grad student's online personal ad lures a mysterious journalism student to his subterranean research lab under the pretense of an evening of "no strings attached" sex.
But when an alleged major global catastrophic event threatens to strike the planet, their date takes on evolutionary significance and the fate of humanity could hang in the balance. An epic and intimate dramatic comedy that explores the influences of fate versus randomness in the course of one's life, and life as we know it.
“Boom” is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
- PHOTO: Adam Minossora and Megan Raitano play a couple whose planned hookup goes wildly amuck…
- PHOTO: Adam Minossora and Megan Raitano play a couple whose planned hookup goes wildly amok…
- PHOTO: Elaitheia Quinn as Barbara in BOOM. Photo courtesy of Theater On The Edge. "A play-going…
- PHOTO: Adam Minossora and Megan Raitano in BOOM at Theater on the Edge in Orlando.…
- Thomas Thorspecken (Thor) sketches BOOM at Theater On The Edge. "Another cutting edge performance that…
- PHOTO: Elaitheia Quinn as Barbara in BOOM. Photo by Marco DiGeorge. "We laughed, we cried, and…
ARTISTIC & PRODUCTION
Director, Producer, Technical Director
Marco DiGeorge’s love for teaching and the arts has led him to the various endeavors he is involved with today, including Co-Founder and Teacher at Truthful Acting Studios, Adjunct Professor with the UCF Film Program, Producer at Doctrine Creative, and one of the founding members and Artistic Director of Theater On The Edge. After an amazing experience producing season one with plays such as American Buffalo, Tape, and Superior Donuts, Marco recently directed the critically acclaimed Orphans and Proof in season two, and is now looking forward to directing Boom for the season three opener. Marco also enjoys working side-by-side with his amazing wife, Samantha, as she continues to push the envelope with her hyper-realistic set design.
Aside from her role as Director of Operations for Truthful Acting Studios, where she takes care of all business operations, Sam’s love for creativity and design has propelled her into her new passion as Artistic Designer for Theater On The Edge, where she is also one of the founding members. Sam has a love for transforming and repurposing anything and everything artistic that she can get her hands on, and her hyper-realistic sets from season one received much acclaim, including American Buffalo's 1970s junk shop, Tape's seedy Motel 6 room, and the Superior Donuts shop. She recently created a 1989 North Philadelphia row-house for the critically acclaimed Orphans. She is grateful to be a part of such a creative team and working alongside her husband Marco. She also has a huge love for owls and unicorns (not relevant but worthy of mentioning).
Peter Sinn Nachtrieb
- Theater On The Edge is proud to announce that Merritt Greene and Mark Anthony Kelly will star alongside ensemble members…
- Winners Announced for the 2018 BroadwayWorld Orlando Awards by BWW News Desk Jan. 10, 2019 We are pleased to announce…
- PHOTO: Adam Minossora and Megan Raitano play a couple whose planned hookup goes wildly amuck in "Boom," at Theater On…
Our Master Meisner Program is a deep-level training program that offers solid tangible results for actors of all experience levels.MORE INFO